eBay Vintage Lens Buy: Asahi Super-Takumar 55mm 1:2


Opened up my new lens out of the box and upon close inspection found a cluster of dust resting all around the back lens element like shampoo in the eye. It made me cringe. Just a bit of moisture or water inside and those huge dusk particles could turn into the dreaded fungus spores they can be. Unfortunately I paid around $16 dollars for this gem and returning could be prohibitive. Asahi Super-Takumar lenses go upwards from $30 from average to around $160+ for those with apertures of f1.4.

A quick test below shows that the dust particles do not affect image quality as I thought but useable for my purposes for now. The lens Gods have been merciful on my soul. So double check and scrutinize eBay listing pictures of lenses before you bid or buy.

Ashai Takumar @ f2.0, ISO 100, 1/125

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Historic Killingly Ballouville Mill

Doorway on the Passaic River

Former East New York 75th Precinct Station (153rd Precinct)

Brooklyn's Heartbeat: The Restoration of The Notorious B.I.G. Baby Mural

Echoes of the Oven: The Legacy of Nicetown Freihofer's Bakery